Williams Karate Academy was established in Cheshire in 1995 by Sensei Barry Williams. Barry is a 6th Dan black belt, a member of the National Dan grading panel and the National Kumite Squad Manager.
Since he started karate training back in 1979, Barry has become one of karate’s most decorated competitors winning accolades including:
- Winner in the Men’s Open Weight Category at the 2009 Shukokai World Cup in Germany
- 3 European Championship titles
- 5 English Championship titles
- 1 British Championship title
- 2 Jersey Open Championship titles
- 6th in the World Championships
The Academy is a member of the Shitoryu Shukokai Association (SSA); associated to the English Karate Federation (EKF) and part of the World Karate Federation (WKF). These memberships mean that we provide our students throughout Cheshire with the highest quality of training.